Rules Updated July 31, 2017
Critical Gaming Rules & Regulations
To provide and maintain an enjoyable experience throughout all of Critical Gaming's platforms we have provided the following document. This document outlines the rules and regulations governing Critical Gaming’s community platforms, including, but not limited to, the communities communication platforms and servers. This document will be updated frequently, with adaptations highlighted in red, and therefore we recommend you review this document on a regular basis.
If you set up a pattern of behavior that is abusive or disruptive to the server you will be removed from role-play for an amount of time deemed appropriate. (Up to staff discretion).
Section 1: Participation Requirements
1. You must have a legal copy of arma 3 and a steam account in good standing.
2. You must be able to speak English
3. Users must be at least sixteen (16) years of age, anyone under the age of sixteen (16) must have a private interview with a head administrator or management.
4. Throughout all of Critical Gaming's Platforms, the use of racist, homophobic, sexist or prejudiced content is prohibited.
5. Access to Critical Gaming's server requires users to submit a "Civilian Application" and adhere to the requirements declared throughout that process.
Section 2: Forum Regulations
This section refers to all non-staff users in our Forums.
1. Do not spam other users.
2. Do not share pornographic/inappropriate content.
3. Forums are in character only in RP related forums, all other areas this does not apply.
4. Do not advertise except your own in-game business via the business forums.
5. Support is only granted via the support forums, please go there for help.
Any violations of Section 2 will result in 1 Warning Point.
Section 3: Teamspeak Regulations
This section refers to all users in our Teamspeak.
1. Do not spam other users.
2. Do not share pornographic/inappropriate content.
3. Do not troll other members.
4. Do check your username matches your forum profile..
5. Do not message or poke users entitled "DND" (Do not disturb).
6. Streaming from Staff or Incident rooms is prohibited.
Any violations of Section 3 will result in 2 Warning Points.
Section 4: Game Server Regulations
This section refers to all users in our server, regardless of their faction.
1. All forms of glitching, hacking, and exploiting are prohibited and will result in a ban.
2. Meta-gaming - an “out of character” action where a player’s character makes use of out of game knowledge - is prohibited.
3. Combat-logging - Logging out or abusing game mechanics to avoid roleplay situations - is prohibited.
4. Random death-matching/ vehicular death-matching - the murder of individuals for no reason with or without a vehicle - is prohibited.
5. Trolling other players is not permitted.
6. No Crime is to be committed against on duty Emergency Medical Personnel.
7. You cannot return to the location where you died if the scenario is still ongoing, you forget everything from your previous life to the exception of family, friends, and colleagues.
8. We aim to foster an advanced role-play environment where each action is meticulously executed. You must, therefore, remain in character at all times and value the importance of your life. Do not act unrealistically; for each crime, there is always an underlying reason, the only exception to this is if you are chatting with a friend in a private place/vehicle and not in an active roleplay scenario.
9. While in active police custody, and are revived by Critical Gaming's Fire & Rescue, you are to remain in their custody and follow their instructions.
10. Verbal initiation must occur by all parties before any (group-) roleplay scenario starts.
11. You cannot force a person to withdraw/wire money from their bank account. This includes force use of All NPCs.
12. Landing a helicopter Inside the fenced jail area is only allowed in the courtyard.
13. Misuse of any job or job vehicle is punishable at the staff discretion with a maximum of 8 points per offense.
14. LEO Traffic stops are not considered initiation.
15. You cannot do a Jail break whilst there is also a Bank Robbery going on, there must also be 20 minutes between each, this works the other way too you cannot to a Bank Robbery whilst there is a Jail Break in progress.
Any violations of Section 4 will result in 4 Warning Points
Section 5: Civilian Regulations
This section refers to all civilians in our server.
1. No crime zones are approximately twenty (20) meters around all automated teller machines (atm), Hospitals including their parking lot, PD Fenced area including parking lot.
2. It is forbidden to violate federal and state legislation inside no crime zones and locations where players spawn.
3. In the event a roleplay situation is initiated outside a no crime zone, the no crime zone becomes void for all parties involved in the situation until the situation is resolved.
4. You cannot interrupt a traffic stop unless that traffic stop progresses into an arrest. A player is under arrest upon being placed in a police officer's vehicle and read their Miranda rights.
5. Side chat may be used for business advertising only, spamming is not permitted.
6. Jailbreaks may only be performed when there are at least five (5) Police Officers present on the server. You cannot take over the jail. You are not allowed to engage in a jailbreak fifteen (15) minutes before a server restart.
7. Bank robbery may only be performed with at least five (5) Police officers present on the server, attempted negotiation must be done before any lethal action is taken, and all participants must be declared upon law enforcement arrival. You are not allowed to engage in a bank robbery fifteen (15) minutes before a server restart.
8. If the server restarts whilst you are arrested, you have to go back to the police department after the restart unless told otherwise by your arresting officer. (Being restrained or detained, does not count as arrested)
9. Individuals/Gangs must possess a valid role play scenario to possess/use police gear. Valid scenarios could include, impersonation of an officer to gain access in to a police facility.
Any violations of Section 5 will result in 3 Warning Points
Section 6: Faction Regulations
This section refers to all law enforcement, justice, and rescue divisions in our server.
1. Handcuffing an unconscious person, is prohibited, unless needed for rescue operations.
Any violations of Section 6 will result in 3 Warning Points
Section 8: Staff Regulations
This section refers to all volunteer staff.
1. Abuse of power is strictly prohibited, anyone caught abusing their power for their gain or someone else’s will be removed from the staff team.
2. Staff members (Admin+) cannot be members of a faction in a leadership position, CPT in the PD and CPT EMS (but not lead a department) are the heights that an Admin+ can obtain, if they wish to go higher in a faction they must leave their staff role. Management will not hold any positions in a faction but may play in a faction if they wish in a reserve role with permission from the faction leader.
3. Staff members caught breaking any server rules will be given a staff disciplinary, they have 3 strikes, once the third has been reached then they will be removed from the staff team and will not be able to apply again for one month's time. Disciplinary can also be handed out for doing a bad job.
4. Staff members represent the community and any inappropriate behaviour will be dealt with swiftly.
If any staff members are found to be breaking any staff rules please report it to the Operations Manager.
The violation levels can be discovered below:
5 warning points - 48 hour banishment.
10 warning points - 7 day banishment.
15 warning points - 30 day banishment.
If throughout your time at Critical Gaming, a user reaches thirty (30) warning points, they are to be permanently banned. If a user has received a thirty (30) day banishment they are on probation upon return for a further thirty (30) days. During probation, violations will be reviewed on a case by case basis. If a user violates a regulation outlined in "Section 6" they will be eligible for a 30 days banishment.